Gordon is an experienced performer, both as a soloist, and as an accompanist for singers and instrumentalists.
He is available to play the piano at weddings in Aberdeen and the surrounding area offering a variety of styles including classical, easy listening, and jazz standards.
Whether you are looking for classy background music while your guests gather, accompaniment for the ceremonial part of your wedding, or music for the reception itself, Gordon is experienced in a wide variety of musical styles and is happy to work with you to accommodate any specific musical requests.
A selection of Gordon’s repertoire suitable for weddings follows:
- JS Bach – various Preludes and Fugues, Air on the G String
- Beethoven – Pathetique Sonata
- Brahms – Piano Pieces op. 117, op. 118
- Chopin – Nocturnes, Mazurkas and Waltzes
- Debussy – Suite Bergamasque, Arabesques, Children’s Corner
- Granados – Cuentos de la Juventud
- Grieg – Wedding Day at Troldhaugen, Holberg’s Suite
- Haydn – Sonata in A flat major Hob. XVI:46
- Ireland – April, The Holy Boy, In a May Morning
- Mozart – Piano Sonatas
- Christopher Norton – various Preludes
- Scott Joplin – rags
- Oscar Peterson – jazz
- Aaron Copland – Four Piano Blues
- Cole Porter – Night and Day, Everytime we say Goodbye
- George Gershwin – various tunes
- Hoagy Carmichael – The Nearness of You
- Billy Taylor – I wish I knew how it would feel to be free
- Miles Davis – All Blues
Plus many more tunes from the Jazz Real book… if you don’t see the music you want, just ask me!
Please contact me for further details of set lists. Fees are charged currently at £100 per hour of performance time. Depending on location travel costs may also be added.
Extra fees may be applicable if you have specific requests for your wedding.